The problem that we identified was that Singaporeans lack the motivation to exercise and keep themselves healthy, especially if they were not in existing sporting clubs. We conducted user interviews and further identified several pain points that lead to this problem. We came up with the following 2 personas: Thus our app was designed aiming to be a platform that can connect users in a community with similar interests to exercise and stay healthy.
- Organising Activities
- In the Navigation bar the '+' will open a pop up that prompts the user to fill in the necessary information to organise an activity.
- Tapping confirm will then create the activity, and the card will be reflected in the NEW ACTIVITIES section for other people to join.
- From the home page NEW ACTIVITIES section, the user can view the entire list of activities they wish to join.
- Users can also filter the according to the sport, time and location of the activities to get results catered to their interests and schedule.
- If the user finds an activity they wish to join, they can tap the card to view the full details of the activity, and sign up by pressing the SIGN UP button.
- Users can view the activities they joined in the UPCOMING ACTIVITIES section from the home page.
You can interact with our prototype which was made on figma to the left.
PROGRAMMING THE APP
We spent 3 months working on the code, and I was in charge of the front-end development, programming the XML fragments and creating the assets required fro the application. We also made sure to use various design patterns in our application to make it scalable in the future.
To see a our code in detail, you can visit GitHub repository where we summarised the various design patterns and APIs used.